Popular people have worked at and mastered this.
- The first step is having an opening line. The simpler the better. For example, comment on the environment.
- The next step is introducing yourself. Include enough information that the other person can ask questions.
- The third step involves conversation exploration, where the pair or group goes from introductions to a topic.
- Step four is topic expansion, building on the topic at hand by focusing on what the other person is saying.
- The final step is to end the conversation by expressing gratitude for the connection.