You might think the success of a team depends on the individual team members’ skills. However, to a great extent it depends on 5 specific factors that can predict with accuracy how well a team will perform:
- Everyone in the group talks and listens in equal measure, keeping contributions short.
- Members maintain high levels of eye contact, and their conversations and gestures are energetic.
- Members communicate directly with one another.
- Members carry on side conversations within the team.
- Members periodically break, go exploring outside the team, and bring information back to share with the others.