- Find a tai chi branch that matches your needs.
- Check with your doctor before starting if you have a physical limitations or take medications that affect your balance.
- Watch and take a class.
- If you'd rather learn at home, you can get tai chi books or videos.
- Talk to the instructor. Experienced teachers who accommodate individual peculiarities are ideal.
- Dress comfortably with nonrestrictive loose-fitting clothes.
- You can practice barefoot or in lightweight and flexible shoes.
- Most tai chi programs last at least 12 weeks, with instruction once or twice a week and practice at home. By then, you should know if you enjoy tai chi.
20 people saved this idea