25 Habits of Successful and Extremely Happy People
The attitude of happy people
- They're optimistic. Bad things happen to all of us. Happy people don't complain, whine or let pessimism become a self-fulling prophecy.
- They view problems as challenges. They focus on solutions to the problem and reflect on what they're grateful for.
This is a professional note extracted from an online article.
Happy people are responsible
- They don't hold on to grudges. Forgiving and forgetting is absolutely necessary.
- They don't make excuses. They use failure as an opportunity to change for the better.
Happy people are well rounded people
- They savor the moment. They "stop to smell the roses".
- They're busy, but not rushed. A healthy work-life balance is key.
- They don't sweat the small stuff. They focus only of what is important and within their control.
Happy people invest in their relationships
- They spend money on others. One reason is that it creates social connections.
- They celebrate other people's success through "active and constructive" responding.
- They treat everyone with respect and kindness. Kindness, like happiness, is contagious.
- They're proactive about relationships. They work on maintaining their relationships.
- They express gratitude. It improves mood and energy and decreases anxiety.
- They engage in deep, meaningful conversations.
Personal activities of happy people
- They meditate daily. It gives your mind a much-needed break and only takes a couple of minutes each day.
- They get enough sleep.
- They spend time in nature. We are physically and mentally more healthy when we are interacting with nature.
- They reward themselves.
- They spend time alone to reflect on their dreams, desires, worries, anxieties and what to be grateful for.
- They have a morning ritual. It sets the stage for how the day is going to play out.
- They take care of themselves.
Choosing the right company
Happiness is contagious.
When you surround yourself with other people who are happy and supportive, you'll be able to build self-confidence, boost your creativity and just have more fun in general.
Happy people consider the future
- They dream big and work hard to turn those dreams into achievable goals.
- They have a growth mindset. They want to improve and are willing to overcome challenges.
EXPLORE MORE AROUND THESE TOPICS: