"The best moments occur when a person’s body or mind is stretched to its limits in a voluntary effort to accomplish something difficult and worthwhile … in the long run optimal experiences add up to a sense of mastery—or perhaps better, a sense of participation in determining the content of life—that comes as close to what is usually meant by happiness as anything else we can conceivably imagine."
72 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
Why you're not finding Flow at work (and what to do about it)
- Flow is the state of mind
- Why it’s hard to achieve flow in your workplace
- Take more risks
- “In Silicon Valley, the idea is to fail fast or fail forward. If you’re not giving employee...
- Practice deliberately
- Use job crafting
- Block flow-killing distractions
- Learn new skills and get feedback
- "The best moments occur when a person’s body or mind is stretched to its limits in a volunt...
- “This takes practice. You need to start on your chosen task and keep your focus on it for a...