- Lack of attention to tone. No matter what the circumstances, learn to pay attention to tone. Before you speak, pause and take a breath.
- One-size-fits-all communication. Different people have different needs and expectations.
- Avoiding the difficult conversation. Everybody faces conflict.Provide clear and actionable feedback, even when it is difficult for you.
- Reacting instead of responding. Before reacting with anger and frustration, pause to reflect.Then respond in stead of react.
- Indulging in gossip. Leave no place for gossip if you want to be trusted and esteemed as a communicator.
- Speaking more and listening less. When you listen more than you speak, you open yourself up to learning and empathy.
- Thinking you are being understood. Take the time to check that people have understood your message.
162 people saved this idea