Start small. Follow the strategies below, and make it a habit.
- Switch up your oil to extra-virgin olive oil, which is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids. Drizzle it on finished dishes like fish or chicken to boost flavor.
- Eat More fatty fish like salmon, sardines, and mackerel.
- Eat veggies all day long.
- Phase in "real" whole grains that are still in their “whole” form and haven’t been refined.
- Snack on nuts, like almonds, cashews, or pistachios.
- Enjoy Fruit for dessert. Also keep fresh fruit visible at home to snack on.
- Sip (a little) wine.
- Instead of gobbling your meal in front of the TV, slow down and sit down at the table with your family and friends to savor what you’re eating.