Ideas from books, articles & podcasts.
created 9 ideas
You are probably very aware that the hard activities bring value to your life, and the others just momentary pleasure, so why do you still gravitate towards them? To understand this, we need to look at a neurotransmitter known as dopamine.
by Nick Trenton
• Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that sends signals from one neuron to another. Whatever your drug of choice, chocolate, nicotine, amphetamines, sex, social media, or shopping, dopamine is the final common pathway for all pleasurable, intoxicating and rewarding experiences.
• When that pleasure-pain balance tilts to the side of pain after the experience of pleasure, we experience feelings of discomfort, restlessness and irritability which can leave us unhappy and wanting to recreate the feeling of pleasure.
• ANY type of addiction makes us mal...
• The only way to not get hooked to this pleasure-pain cycle is to ensure the time in between each ‘fix’ is long enough for our dopamine levels to drop back to our personal baseline of dopamine release.
• Research has found chocolate increases dopamine above baseline by about 50%, sex is ab...
• Dopamine detox and a shift to conscious consumption with due consideration of the consequences , giving you back some of the power and freedom you lost when you pledged yourself to the rat race and the status competition.
D - Admit that you have addiction and collect DATA about it.
O - Understand the OBJECTIVE of your consumption addiction.
P - What is the PROBLEM consumption addiction is causing?
A - 30 days of ABSTINENCE.
1. Increases ability to focus
With the help of dopamine fasting, you can increase your capability of focus. As dopamine fasting is related to the idea of less stress and distractions. This can happen by bringing some positive alterations to your everyday lifestyle.
created 1 idea
Have you ever wonder why we get excited?
created 15 ideas
Recently, having not enough sleep made me search this up to inspire me to sleep better, no matter how busy I am- that's an issue with my time planning and not sleep deprivation. Otherwise it becomes one big cycle 🔄
❤️ Brainstash Inc.