Ideas from books, articles & podcasts.
created 13 ideas
by James Clear
“If you can get 1 percent better each day You will end up 37 times better by the time you’re done, if you get worst 1% every single day end up reaching nearly 0"
• Small habits compound over time, and they are barely visible at beginning. Only after time they build into a powerful system.
“The goal is not to run a marathon, the goal is to become a runner.”
Your actions define who you are. To change your identity
1.Decide the type of person you want to be.
2.Prove it to yourself with small wins.
Habits exist in order to help us do repetitive things automatically.
• Cue - the cue triggers the brain to a certain behavior, like you walk into dark room.
• Craving - this is the motivation behind the habit, like you want to be able to see
If you want to make a habit a big part of your life, make the cue a big part of your environment.
• It’s not easy to read a book if the bookshelf is in the corner, It’s not easy to practice guitar if the guitar is in the closet. Our environment is very important to following good habits.
Changing your outcome -it is about what you get, Like losing weight and publishing book
Changing your process - It is about what you do, Changing your habits and system
Changing your Identity - It Is about what you believe, Build identity based habit
We are so focused on figuring out the best approach that we never get around to taking action.
Planning vs taking action
• Motion makes you feel like you're getting things done. but really, you're just preparing to get something done.
• Most of the time we're just so confus...
• simple habits should take less than two minutes and be easy to do. So instead of reading a chapter, read a page.
• Automate the entry habit, and you will automate the whole activity.
“A habit needs to be enjoyable for it to last.”
What is instantly rewarded is done again. what instantly punished is ditched
• To get a habit to stick You need to feel Instantly successful, even if in a small way
The human brain naturally loves challenges. And for something to be challenging, it cannot be too easy or too difficult.
If it’s too easy, we get bored very fast. If it’s too difficult, we lose our motivation
❤️ Brainstash Inc.