- Stop what you're doing and make contact with the present moment. Notice five things you see, four things you hear, and three things you feel.
- Employ diffusion techniques to detach from unhelpful thoughts. Instead of getting caught up in your thoughts or struggling to get rid of them, practice taking a step back by watching your thinking and allowing them to come and go.
- Accept whatever is happening in your experience by making room for your feelings. Keep your eye on the bigger picture.
- Practice connecting to the observing self throughout each day. It is the context in which content arises.
- Know yourself and what really matters by clarifying your values. It can help point you in the right direction when you need to make an important decision.
- Take committed action by aligning your behaviors with your values.
51 people saved this idea