Framing Effect - Deepstash
Framing Effect

Framing Effect

The tendency to interpret the same information differently depending on context.

Example: You perceive wine as better tasting when it’s served in a crystal glass versus a plastic cup.

205

1.03K reads

CURATED FROM

IDEAS CURATED BY

aniyah_uj

"Money doesn't buy class." ~ Kiana Tom

This is the second part of 50 cognitive biases, as tweeted by Elon Musk. These are a must read for understanding human behaviour, including our own.

The idea is part of this collection:

Daring To Be Vulnerable

Learn more about problemsolving with this collection

How to overcome fear of rejection

How to embrace vulnerability

Why vulnerability is important for personal growth

Related collections

Similar ideas to Framing Effect

The Framing Effect

The Framing Effect

It happens when people respond differently to the same choice depending on how it is framed.

People place greater value on moving from 90 percent to 100 percent—high probability to certainty—than from 45 percent to 55 percent, even though they’re both ten percentage points.

Negativity Bias

People weigh negative information more than positive information.

According to revolutionary work by Kahneman and Tvetsky, we treat the same monetary values differently, depending on whether they are gains or losses. This is called loss aversion.

We have this bias because our ancest...

Uncertainty and Framing

The prospect theory shows that people are often willing to make riskier decisions to avoid losses than to make gains - even when the situation is identical but framed differently. For example, a 30% chance of death and a 70% chance o...

Read & Learn

20x Faster

without
deepstash

with
deepstash

with

deepstash

Personalized microlearning

100+ Learning Journeys

Access to 200,000+ ideas

Access to the mobile app

Unlimited idea saving

Unlimited history

Unlimited listening to ideas

Downloading & offline access

Supercharge your mind with one idea per day

Enter your email and spend 1 minute every day to learn something new.

Email

I agree to receive email updates