- Subtly nod, respond non-verbally and maintain eye contact while listening.
- Paraphrasing what the person is saying is tricky as it can lead to misjudgment.
- Encourage the person to speak more, elaborating on what is meant.
159 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
Six Stoic Ways to Effectively Use Silence
- The Art of Communication
- “We have two ears and one mouth, therefore we should listen twice as much as we speak.”...
- Active Listening
- Elements of Active Listening
- “Be silent as to services you have rendered, but speak of favors you have received.”
- Think Before You Speak
- Silence to Disarm
- Valuable Words
- Suffering and Wisdom
- “Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature de...