MORE IDEAS FROM THE ARTICLE
Take notice when your mind has wandered from your breath and put the focus back onto it as soon as you can.
It may be hard at first, but eventually, you will be able to regain focus quickly.
If you are just starting out try not to do it for too long. Try between 5-10 minutes. As you get better, you can make this time longer.
1. You do not need to buy anything. You can practice mindfulness anywhere that is comfortable for you.
2. The goal is not to quiet your mind. Your brain is the most active thing in your body, it can not be quiet.
3. Your mind will wander. It is natural for our brains to wander and that is okay. It is having the self-control to bring it back to focus on the present.
4. Do not let your brain judge you for being distracted.
5. Remember, it is all about returning your attention.
As you are completing mindfulness, think about the times your body feels tense or uneased. Is it when your mind is wandering or when you are focused?
It will be good to take note of this for the next session.
Your mind will wander from time to time, but remember to be kind to yourself. A judgemental attitude will only cause your mind to wander more.
Hope you are able to start practising mindfulness today.
Find a place where you are comfortable and sit down. You can kneel or cross your legs also. Whatever feels comfortable for you.
It is the process of being fully present with your thoughts, being aware of your surroundings and not reactive to what is going on around you.
Although some prefer to sit in a quiet place while focusing on their breathing, mindfulness meditation can be done anywhere.
❤️ Brainstash Inc.