How to Practice Mindfulness - Mindful
Keep reading for FREE
Your mind will wander from time to time, but remember to be kind to yourself. A judgemental attitude will only cause your mind to wander more.
Follow the sensations of your breath and try to focus on them. Be at peace with your breathing as it goes in and out.
Take notice when your mind has wandered from your breath and put the focus back onto it as soon as you can.
It may be hard at first, but eventually, you will be able to regain focus quickly.
1. You do not need to buy anything. You can practice mindfulness anywhere that is comfortable for you.
2. The goal is not to quiet your mind. Your brain is the most active thing in your body, it can not be quiet.
3. Your mind will wander. It is natural for our brains to wander and that is okay. It is having the self-control to bring it back to focus on the present.
4. Do not let your brain judge you for being distracted.
5. Remember, it is all about returning your attention.
As you are completing mindfulness, think about the times your body feels tense or uneased. Is it when your mind is wandering or when you are focused?
It will be good to take note of this for the next session.
Find a place where you are comfortable and sit down. You can kneel or cross your legs also. Whatever feels comfortable for you.
If you are just starting out try not to do it for too long. Try between 5-10 minutes. As you get better, you can make this time longer.
Hope you are able to start practising mindfulness today.
reading habits, gather your
remember what you readand stay ahead of the crowd!
Save time with daily digests
No ads, all content is free
Save ideas & add your own
Get access to the mobile app
4.7 App Rating
Visionary and Writer at Tavian’s Blog. Writing to inspire creators, and encourage others to be their best selves.
MORE LIKE THIS