“This takes practice. You need to start on your chosen task and keep your focus on it for as long as you can. At first, many people will have difficulty, if they’re used to constantly switching between tasks. But keep trying, and keep bringing your focus back to your task. You’ll get better. And if you can keep your focus on that task, with no distractions, and if your task has been chosen well (something you love, something important, and something challenging), you should lose yourself in Flow.”
66 people saved this idea
IDEA EXTRACTED FROM:
Why you're not finding Flow at work (and what to do about it)
- Flow is the state of mind
- Why it’s hard to achieve flow in your workplace
- Take more risks
- “In Silicon Valley, the idea is to fail fast or fail forward. If you’re not giving employee...
- Practice deliberately
- Use job crafting
- Block flow-killing distractions
- Learn new skills and get feedback
- "The best moments occur when a person’s body or mind is stretched to its limits in a volunt...
- “This takes practice. You need to start on your chosen task and keep your focus on it for a...