- Twist a “light topic” with a serious tone: use what you already know to ask more personal questions or go deeper into topics.
- Play it straight: admit that you don’t like to chit-chat, and have a few discussion topics or questions ready to toss out.
- Issue an invitation: when you are in public and have something secretive to discuss, say you’d like to talk later.
- Compliment: do so preferably on an area you wanted to discuss with them, then ask a question that starts the dialogue. Sincere compliments make the conversation deeper.
- Be Vulnerable: speak your mind and end with a question. Others will often reciprocate about what they think or feel.
180 people saved this idea