10 Simple Ways to Cope with Stress
Keep reading for FREE
Many of us are facing challenges that can be stressful, overwhelming, and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Public health actions, such as physical distancing, can make us feel isolated and lonely and can increase stress and anxiety. eople may have strong and lingering reactions. Learning healthy ways to cope and getting the right care and support can help reduce stressful feelings and symptoms.
The symptoms may be physical or emotional. Common reactions to a stressful event can include :
2. Feelings of fear, shock, anger, sadness, worry, numbness, or frustration
3. Changes in appetite, energy, desires, and interests
4. Difficulty sleeping or nightmares, concentrating, and making decisions
5. Physical reactions, such as headaches, body pains, stomach problems, and skin rashes
6. Worsening of chronic health problems
7. Worsening of mental health conditions
It's natural to feel stress, anxiety, grief, and worry during traumatic events .
1. Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including those on social media. It’s good to be informed but hearing about the traumatic event constantly can be upsetting. Consider limiting news to just a couple of times a day and disconnecting from phone, tv, and computer screens for a while.
2. Take care of yourself. Eat healthy, exercise, get plenty of sleep, and give yourself a break if you feel stressed out.
3.Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.
4.Connect with your community- or faith-based organizations .
1. Talk to others. Talk with peopleexternal icon you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling. Share your problems and how you are feeling and coping with a parent, friend, counselor, doctor .
2. Avoid drugs and alcohol. These may seem to help, but they can create additional problems and increase the stress you are already feeling.
So in this way you can cope up with your stress feelings .
reading habits, gather your
remember what you readand stay ahead of the crowd!
Save time with daily digests
No ads, all content is free
Save ideas & add your own
Get access to the mobile app
4.7 App Rating
LEARNING IS FUN BUT YOU NEED A PLATFORM FOR THAT SO THE LIFE TEACHING PROVIDE YOU SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PLATFORM WHERE YOU ENJOY LEARNING...
Nowadays managing stress is important so by following this you may have control on this feeling called stress
MORE LIKE THIS
Temporary stress can induce a short fight or flight response, but chronic stress can cause permanent damage to our heath. As someone who has not been relaxing at all due to the heat of mock exams, university interviews, intense revision plus a never-ending to-do list, I decided to read this article to deter me from pressurising myself and force myself to pause and make a better system for me.