Keep reading for FREE
Being easy, agreeable, and in a constant state of people pleasing felt normal to me.
I could be a nice person and feel like I was selfless.
Being nice was a convenient way for me to continue living my "good guy" conditioning.
Of course, I was consistently feeling drained and like my relationships weren't fulfilling.
Resentment crept in. As I started healing I realized: I wasn't actually being nice.
I wasn't being nice to myself.
Like most chronic people pleasers, I had no boundaries. This fed a part of me that wanted to feel: needed, important, and like people depended on me. As I slowly started healing myself, I knew I had to break this pattern.
1. It's ok to disappoint people: we naturally disappoint people, and people will disappoint us. This is part of life.
2. Boundaries create generosity: when we have clear limits and prioritize our own needs, we can actually meet the needs of others. The more fulfilled our own needs are, the more we can fulfill the needs of others.
3. I don't need to over-explain: I remember the first time I declined doing something without a long winded excuse. It felt so vulnerable and off to me. Why? I believed there had to be a reason for me to not do something. This is how codependency shows up.
4. Healthy people respect your limits: healthy people understand boundaries and don't pressure, guilt, or shame you for not doing something.
5. Doing things because you want to feels good: doing something from a pure space (rather than wanting to get approval or validation from someone) is a very beautiful feeling. It's ok to feel good.
6. Our society glorifies self sacrifice and self betrayal: how often do we hear "He put everyone else before herself" as if this is a noble act. What we don't see is how this can lead to depression, addiction, etc.
Book summaries mostly ...
I can’t tell you how much this summarises my entire life and way of thinking … finally started to be aware that this is not good for myself and starting to change … hard every day
Explore the World’s
Take Your Ideas
Just press play and we take care of the words.
No Internet access? No problem. Within the mobile app, all your ideas are available, even when offline.
2 Million Stashers
This app is LOADED with RELEVANT, HELPFUL, AND EDUCATIONAL material. It is creatively intellectual, yet minimal enough to not overstimulate and create a learning block. I am exceptionally impressed with this app!
Best app ever! You heard it right. This app has helped me get back on my quest to get things done while equipping myself with knowledge everyday.
Don’t look further if you love learning new things. A refreshing concept that provides quick ideas for busy thought leaders.
Great interesting short snippets of informative articles. Highly recommended to anyone who loves information and lacks patience.
I have only been using it for a few days now, but I have found answers to questions I had never consciously formulated, or to problems I face everyday at work or at home. I wish I had found this earlier, highly recommended!
Brilliant. It feels fresh and encouraging. So many interesting pieces of information that are just enough to absorb and apply. So happy I found this.
Great for quick bits of information and interesting ideas around whatever topics you are interested in. Visually, it looks great as well.
Even five minutes a day will improve your thinking. I've come across new ideas and learnt to improve existing ways to become more motivated, confident and happier.
Read & Learn
Access to 200,000+ ideas
Access to the mobile app
Unlimited idea saving & library
Unlimited listening to ideas
Downloading & offline access
Supercharge your mind with one idea per day
Enter your email and spend 1 minute every day to learn something new.
I agree to receive email updates