No, we are not over yet. After discussing the topic with my friend’s Dad (he is a doctor), I’ve made a list of things you need to understand and avoid anxiety attacks (hard to breathe moments).
- Think of your anxiety as a biological problem, rather than thinking there is something wrong with your head. Anxiety is just a physical state that has its mental side effects. Treat the physical effects, to feel less stressed.
- It won’t leave you alone, anxiety is repetitive. If you ever get an anxiety attack, chances are you’ll get them again. However, anxiety symptoms are also the same. You can to straight your back and cultivate a habit that will help you become more resilient to stress biologically.
- Stop taking stimulants, cigarettes, caffeine, and alcohol, they might give you your worst nightmare. Weed might calm you down (it works for me) but if you see the anxiety symptoms don’t push it. And also, it’s illegal, so I’m not promoting it.
- Keep a good diet, eating at least three times a day is the least can do for the better of yourself. Complex carbs, healthy fats, and protein. Eliminate sugar or at least don’t add another cube in your drink.
- Don’t have to go to the gym if your work schedule doesn’t allow you. Though you have to start exercising, start with bodyweight exercises like push-ups, sit-ups, squats and maybe some pull-ups. You won’t have enough energy to stress out after having a good hard work-out, believe me, it’s tried and tested.
- Nothing is happening on your mobile screen, put it down and have a good night sleep. It is important for your body and brain, to repair all the damage you have taken to get done with the day. Disturbed or insufficient sleep regularly will definitely give you anxiety. Aim for a good-long 8 hours sleep and don’t worry if most of the night you able to get only 6-or-7 hours sleep.
- Have to start meditating because controlled breathing is the best way to avoid anxiety. There are a lot of resources available on the internet that can teach you meditation, you can also use Headspace one of my favorite app for meditating. Especially, if you have never tried meditation before, use Headspace mobile app and just fall in love with the magic of mindfulness.
Life could have been easy if people love to share what they have. But the fact that we all are selfish in one way or another has pulled down humanity down in the dumps where almost no one is happy. Why are we like this, why can’t we share the knowledge that we have, power that we possess, the money that we have earned to help someone less unfortunate? Is it because bad things always feel good. But let’s not stray from our main topic and recall what we have learned so far.
- Anxiety is a physical, biological problem. Treat it as such and don’t worry about the psychological effects.
- Re-read point one. And then do that again.
- You are not taking any stimulants from now on.
- Pay attention to what you eat.
- Exercise. Daily, until you’re tired.
- Make good-sleep your utmost priority.
- Learn the breathing techniques, meditation is one way to go.
- And this one is not added in the main points but see the doc if you still haven’t found